We cannot take a Holiday from God’s Kingdom work.
While I know summer time is the time to kick back and take vacations or go on a holiday from our responsibilities, in the realm of the Spirit that is a dangerous thing to do.
Our team at PRMI and the Dunamis Fellowship cannot rest from our work of prayer and building.
8:10 min Video from Dr. Brad Long on why PRMI is urgently building the Dunamis Institute.
To understand the need for intercession right now, and the urgent need to put in place now the Dunamis Institute and the Prayer Ministries of PRMI, we need to understand the times we are living in.
I believe we are in one of those times in history that could be called a “Kairos Year.” This might be a year in which there are many trends, that if not decisively reversed, could reach their “tipping points” and relentlessly lead to evils that can then only be reversed with catastrophic cost of life and treasure.
For some historical perspective: 1937-1938 was one such “kairos year” when Nazism reached the “tipping point” and we all know the catastrophic results.
We can see similar such tipping points and kairos years throughout history.
Usually it is only a few prescient statesmen, such as a Winston Churchill or John Adams, and those with prophetic gifts, such as a Rees Howells, who can see the impending tipping points and act upon them.
Often times we may be able to see what is happening, but feel helpless in the face of the onslaught of the tides of history. And it is true that most of us have no power in the realm of politics or military to do anything at all.
But, as intercessors in the name of Jesus Christ we may actually shape history and turn back the “iron hand of fate.”
As intercessors led by the Holy Spirit we may not only see into the future but are empowered to join God in shaping the future, according to His purposes.
There are a number of movements that are moving toward or have already reached their tipping points. To name a few:
- The US and UK governments massive spending beyond their means creating unsustainable debt that if not reversed will inexorably lead to some future economic catastrophe.
- The “Arab Spring” that could bring greater freedom and democracy but if taken over by the forces of Radical Islam will lead to even greater oppression.
- Iran moving relentlessly toward getting a nuclear device held by a dictatorial, theocratic government that is passionately working for the return of the 12th Imam whose advent they believe may be hastened by manmade chaos. If this move is not reversed it may lead to catastrophic acts of terrorism against other Middle Eastern Nations, Israel, and the United States.
- The Islamazation of Europe and Great Britain that if unchecked by a revival of Christianity and the evangelization of Muslims, will result in the oppression of Sharia Law and even a new Holocaust against Jews and Christians.
- The takeover of mainline denominations in the United States, Canada and Great Britain by Liberal Progressivism which is compromising the Church’s’ vital witness to Jesus Christ and leaving these great historic denominations on the sidelines of the great river of the biblical Christian Faith that is the only hope of reversing the tide of evil that will overtake us if the above listed tipping points are reached.
These portents of evil are balanced by some signs of great stirrings, harbingers of advancements of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. All is not hopeless!
There is a great move of the Holy Spirit that is afoot in the world. While churches may be empty in Europe and steeples being replaced by the minaret, in Africa, Asia and South America, and even in many parts of America, Canada, and England, congregations are growing!
While evil seems at a tipping point! So too does the Kingdom of God.
Now what is PRMI’s role in all this? What is our role as intercessors?
In 1740 in the midst of the Great Awakening in British America, Jonathan Edwards gives us a deep look into how God has chosen to overcome evil and bring His Kingdom on earth.
“It is God’s will through His wonderful grace, that the prayers of His saints should be one of the great principal means of carrying on the designs of Christ’s kingdom in the world.
“When God has something very great to accomplish for His church, it is His will that there should precede it the extraordinary prayers of His people; as is manifest by Ezekiel 36:37. “
“And it is revealed that, when God is about to accomplish great things for His church, He will begin by remarkably pouring out the spirit of grace and supplication (see Zechariah 12:10).”
Jonathan Edwards, Thoughts on the Revival in New England – 1740
God’s method of stirring up “extraordinary prayers of his people” as the prelude to carrying out the “designs of Christ’s Kingdom in the world” depends on the work of the Holy Spirit. The job of Holy Spirit is enabling, directing and empowering such prayer.
Another critical job of the Holy Spirit is enabling revivals of faith and the advancement of the Gospel to the ends of the Earth.
This is PRMI’s special calling and our unique role in the world Church. This means that the mission of the Dunamis Institute, which is enabling Christians to be filled with the Holy Spirit according to Acts 1:8, is absolutely critical.
It means that our calling to “mobilize, equip, and deploy” intercessors is a strategic mission upon which depends the outcome of these various trends towards good or evil that are reaching their tipping points in this Kairos year.
In the Ten Year Plan that the Holy Spirit has given us we were told to put in place the various ways that God has called us to play our part in this great unfolding drama. While this is a ten year plan, the urgency of the times means that we do not haves ten years to implement all this. It must be done now, to be a part of the solution to the crisis that we face now.
I believe that the Holy Spirit is the one leading us to put in place the Dunamis Institute and the Intercessors in Residence program at the Community of the Cross NOW because He knows what is coming and what is needed NOW in the world.
I am writing this to you to ask for your prayers, your financial gifts and your participation in implementing the challenges before us.
Please seek Jesus as to how He would have you be a part of all this.
We especially need your prayers for the following:
- The Provision of people, organization, and finances for putting in place the Dunamis Institute, which is the delivery system for the teaching on the Holy Spirit around the world.
- The Provision of people, organization, and finances for building the Prayer Work at the Community of the Cross – especially the Intercessors in Residence Program.
- For God to raise up hundreds of prayer cohorts around the world to focus the work of High Level Intercession.