Jesus invites us to participate in His healing ministry. While Dunamis Project #4 and #5 address the subject, you may want to go much further in your understanding of how to cooperate with the Holy Spirit in healing ministry.
In the Advanced Course on Healing and Deliverance, you will learn to do healing and deliverance ministry under the direction of the Holy Spirit. You might even experience some healing in your own life while learning how to share the same in the lives of others.
Those who are called to healing ministry in the church need practical and theologically sound teaching, as well as practical training. You’ll learn how to grow in your calling. You’ll discover a process to help raise up other leaders in healing and deliverance ministry.
You’ll also be able to extend the gospel and renew churches through healing and deliverance ministry that is Christ-centered.
The year-long course involves
- attending three on-site events,
- and practical experience.
Events at Black Mountain, NC:
There will be three events over the twelve months.
The first event, which lasts 6 days, includes an in-depth review of PRMI’s healing and deliverance teaching. Mornings are spent in lectures and the afternoons are largely in small group prayer ministry with a mentor.
The second meeting occurs about 6 months later and is 5 days long.
Lectures are presented on specialized topics based on the interest of the group and available teachers in the area. Topics can include healing from sexual abuse, praying for children, healing from addictions, etc.
The final meeting is shorter- usually 2 days.
During this time the students present their Kingdom Projects and have a time of prayer for commissioning into healing and deliverance work.
Who Participates In A Course Like This?
This course is for clergy and lay people. In this video hear from Rev. James Kearny how he grew from the course and his recommendation that other pastors apply:
Hear from one student, Debbie Price, how the Lord used this year in her life:
Mentors are men and women from the Dunamis Fellowship who have gifts in healing and deliverance ministry. You will work with one of them throughout the course. They will help you determine your learning goals for the course, including a reading schedule.
The mentors will review the student’s work and give feedback each month. Face-to-face meetings may occur only at the workshops in North Carolina.
Practical Experience and Project
One learns to cooperate with the Holy Spirit in Jesus’ ministry of healing and deliverance through practical experience.
You are encouraged to be involved in healing and deliverance prayer ministry in their local church. They are also welcome to be on ministry teams at PRMI events such as the Dunamis Project. This will need to be arranged with the Dunamis Project track coordinators.
You will develop a project involving healing ministry in their local context. Some examples may be building a healing prayer team for the local congregation or leading ministry at a Dunamis Project event.
Reading and Study
Between the seminar weeks at Black Mountain, you are required to read and reflect on books on healing and deliverance. You also have access to your mentors, who are men and women with extensive experience in prayer ministry.
As preparation for the course, all students are required to read:
- Let Jesus Heal Your Hidden Wounds; Cooperating with the Holy Spirit in Healing and Deliverance Ministry, by Brad Long and Cindy Strickler and
- Receiving the Power by Brad Long and Doug McMurry. (available through the PRMI office.)
- Passage Through the Wilderness by Brad Long
Other required texts vary from year to year (available through Amazon.com or used book stores):
- Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson and Joanne Anderson
- My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers
- Healing Care, Healing Prayer: Helping the Broken Find Wholeness in Christ by Terry Wardle
- Deep Wounds, Deep Healing by Charles Kraft
- Deliverance from Evil Spirits: A Practical Manual by Francis Mac Nut
- The Believer’s Guide to Spiritual Warfare by Tom White
- Follow the Healer: Biblical and Theological Foundations for Healing Ministry by Stephen A. Seamands
Book reading list subject to change without notice.
- Participants should have attended the following Dunamis Projects (preferably on-site)
- Gateways to Empowered Ministry,
- In the Spirit’s Power,
- The Healing Ministry of Jesus and
- Spiritual Warfare and Kingdom Advance.
- Note: Some exceptions may be allowed at the discretion of the director
- Have the endorsement of local pastor and/or friend who can speak to the person’s call and gifting for healing and deliverance ministry
- Submit a completed application to the Course Director.
- Be accepted into the Course.
Course Costs and Fees
This course is offered on a faith basis, as all courses in the Dunamis Institute.
However, there is a high cost to offering this course which covers the expense of development, the cost of materials and the participation of the mentors and teachers.
Each site will clearly establish the estimated cost and let the students know so they can raise support to cover the year long training process.
In the US, we suggest that the student raise funds to cover his/her room and board and travel as well as $3,500.00 (USD) to cover the cost of materials and facilitators.
At the end of the year-long course, those who have completed the readings and the project receive a certificate of completion. The course is concluded with a commissioning service in which there are prayers for the anointing of the Holy Spirit for healing and deliverance ministry.