What is Exousia?
Exousia is PRMI’s leadership development process to prepare upcoming leaders who volunteer in the ministry of PRMI around the world. As our ministry style has developed over years and our way of doing things has grown, future volunteers need to understand the DNA and history of PRMI to effectively be ambassadors of PRMI wherever they go and ministry. Exousia PART B follows the video class and video pre-work of PART A. Part B is on site – an intense few days together of practical teaching, worship, and prayer ministry, where we focus on practical skills to lead PRMI events. You’ll cover practical topics like
- How to teach as led by the Holy Spirit (including experience of actually doing this at the Spiritual Leadership Course)
- Personal and Spiritual preparation for teaching – knowing oneself
- How to discern and act in kairos moments
- How to move from theory/content/teaching into practice (lab time, exercises, prayer)
- How to lead people into prayer to be filled with the Holy Spirit
- How to function as a team to create the context where the Holy Spirit can work
- How to understand and work with your audience/participants – how to work with people with learning styles that differ from yours and also with diverse personalities
- How to identify and grow in an area of expertise in your teaching
- How to share the vision and take up an offering for PRMI
- How to conduct a debrief (understand the place of debrief in the Dunamis teaching and have opportunities to practice debriefing and getting feedback on the process)
Exousia will give you space to grow in your PRMI leadership skills. For example, new teachers will do 20-minute teaching blocks out of the Gateways Manual, then receive a peer review and affirmation. You will face the challenges of condensing the material to 20 minutes and finding creative ways to get those points across. Teachers, worship leaders and intercession leaders will have the opportunity to learn how to cooperate with the Holy Spirit at PRMI events to lead the people into those moments where God wants to work. Administrative leaders (registrars, hospitality coordinators) will learn how to prepare the way for others to encounter Christ as they organize our events to create a great experience for people who come. The course addresses:
- Leadership that is led by the Holy Spirit,
- Roles within a Dunamis Project team,
- Core content for each Dunamis Project
- Teaching methods for the Dunamis Project.
“Exousia gave me an even better understanding of the Dunamis DNA and it helped me place the parts and pieces of Dunamis Projects in their places with an understanding of the ‘whys’… There were also moments of ministry that have helped me make some important personal, ministry decisions.” Rev. Earl Rutledge
Date and Time
September 22-26, 2021
Check-in will be on September 22 from 6:30 pm.
The retreat begins with a meeting on Wednesday at 7:00 pm and concludes Sunday after lunch, September 26.
Victory Bible Camp
64741 Victory Road, Glacier View AK 99674 (near mile 94.8 on the Glenn Highway. A well-placed sign points to the turn from the highway.)
Full-time guests $279
Lodging only (Part-time guests per night) $47
Commuter only, per day $16
Commuter with meal, per meal $12
All events organized by PRMI are offering based. Registration fees cover only your room and board that the conference center charges. During your event, you’ll be invited to share in the vision of PRMI and give an offering towards the ministry to advance our mission of equipping people to cooperate with the Holy Spirit. Pray about how to participate long before you arrive.
Rev. Dr. Brad Long
Rev. Dr. Brad Long Executive Director, PRMI In 1988 while a missionary in Taiwan, Dr. Brad Long received a call “to an international ministry of renewal, advancing the gospel of Jesus Christ worldwide.” Since that time, he has been called to a number of nations where his role has been primarily equipping pastors and lay people in the gifts and power of the Holy Spirit.
Rev. Brad Long was called as Executive Director of PRMI in 1990.
Rev. Cindy Strickler
Rev. Cindy Strickler Director of Dunamis Fellowship International. Rev. Cindy Strickler served on the PRMI Board of Directors for 5 years. In 2002 she helped establish the PRMI Dunamis Fellowship and is now the Director of the Fellowship. In that role, she helps discern gifting and enables members to find their place in this Kingdom work.
Cindy also directs the Advanced Ministry Courses that provide equipping for members of the Dunamis Fellowship. She also determines the teaching teams for the Dunamis Project equipping events in the United States.
Rev. Chris Walker
Rev. Chris Walker has taught for PRMI in English and Spanish since 2002. He has been involved in four immigrant new church developments and has a passion for helping others grow in personal evangelism skills.
He oversees the Spanish language work of PRMI. After serving 5 years on the Board of Directors for PRMI, he joined the staff in 2014 as Director of Ministry Development and Director of Spanish Ministry.