Do you desire to be effective in ministry but have come to the end of your strength? Do you work to spread the Gospel but just see a culture that opposes it? Didn’t Jesus’ disciples deal with these same challenges? How did they do it?
We know that it begins with a relationship with Jesus Christ but what about the power and work of his Holy Spirit?
In the first of six Dunamis Projects, Gateways to Empowered Ministry looks at a Scriptural view of the person and work of the Holy Spirit.
By the end of the first Dunamis Project you will have a sound, Biblically-based knowledge of
- who the Holy Spirit is.
- what the role of the Holy Spirit is today.
- what it means to be filled with the Spirit.
Comments from recent participants:
- The teaching on the Holy Spirit ‘within’ and ‘upon’ was the best I have heard.
- Wonderful pulling together of Biblical instruction about the Holy Spirit.
- What was most helpful? The teaching, the prayer, the atmosphere of community.
- You’ve given me a biblical grid to understand my experience of Holy Spirit.
You’ll cover topics like:
- The Holy Spirit and the Trinity
- The Holy Spirit in the Old Testament
- Jesus and the Holy Spirit
- The Four Basic Works of the Holy Spirit
- The Infilling With the Holy Spirit
- The Nature and Experience of the Holy Spirit’s Power
- Receiving and Growing in the Power of the Holy Spirit
Whether you have reached a place in your Christian faith or ministry where it feels like you are trying to do too much on your own, or you are simply curious or skeptical about the nature and work of the Holy Spirit for today, this conference is a fantastic way to begin your journey in cooperating with the work of God.
What is The Dunamis Project?
The Dunamis Project is the central training of PRMI to help you cooperate with the Holy Spirit in whatever ministry you may have, in whatever part of the world you may live. The Dunamis Project is a series of six conferences (four or five days each) over three years where you will discover and learn how to use your spiritual gifts in whatever ministry you have.
With The Dunamis Project, you discover:
- Solid biblical teaching about the person and work of the Holy Spirit in the life of the believer.
- Teaching forged from the Scriptures, proven in ministry, and informed by 200 years of renewal and revival movements.
- Spiritual gifts and how to use them effectively in the Kingdom of God.
- How to recognize God’s guidance for ministry in a given moment through the experience-based lab times and review debriefings.
Date and Time
Monday-Friday November 2-6, 2020 12:00 noon-5:30 pm EST each day. Please adjust for your time zone.
Registration and payment is due by Friday October 23, 2020. Please pay with your registration online using your credit card.
If you wish to etransfer funds for this event, choose offline payment and send your $40 etransfer to with a note that it is for Winnipeg Gateways.
A cheque can be sent to the office: Dunamis Fellowship Canada Box 25089 17-370 Stone Rd. W. Guelph, ON N1G 4T4 519-821-3603
For offline payment, the office will contact you, if necessary, for payment.
There are a limited number of manuals. It will be a first come, first serve event. There will be a downloadable pdf version for those without manuals.
All events organized by Dunamis Fellowship Canada are offering based. During your event, you’ll be invited to share in the vision of Dunamis Fellowship Canada and give an offering towards the ministry to advance our mission of equipping people to cooperate with the Holy Spirit. Pray about how to participate long before you arrive.
Plan to Be Fully Present:
Since our events focus on spiritual formation and discipleship, one segment of our events leads into the next. Thus we encourage you to be fully present for the entire event, as much as you are able.
Rev. Trevor Payton
Rev. Trevor Payton has been ordained as a Minister of the Word and Sacrament in the Christian Reformed Church since 2006, serving churches in Ontario and New Jersey. When Trevor asked some people to pray for him at a Dunamis event in June of 2013, God “broke through” to Trevor’s heart in a way that he had never dreamed possible.
Trevor thoroughly enjoys any opportunity to serve as a Dunamis Project Teacher, because this material has renewed and reshaped his own life so powerfully.
Rev. Anne Vander Hoek
After her youngest child started school, Rev. Anne Vander Hoek asked the Lord what He wanted her to spend her time on. The Lord led her to complete an M Div degree and then to partner in starting a CRC church plant in south Edmonton.
Anne is also involved with inner healing prayer ministry and is humbled to be used by God in the healing journey of others.
Rev. Marg Rekman