Do you desire to be effective in ministry but have come to the end of your strength? Do you work to spread the Gospel but just see a culture that opposes it? Didn’t Jesus’ disciples deal with these same challenges? How did they do it?
We know that it begins with a relationship with Jesus Christ but what about the power and work of his Holy Spirit?
The first of six Dunamis Projects, Gateways to Empowered Ministry, looks at a Scriptural view of the person and work of the Holy Spirit.
By the end of the first Dunamis Project, you will have a sound, Biblically-based knowledge of
- who the Holy Spirit is.
- what the role of the Holy Spirit is today.
- what it means to be filled with the Spirit.
Comments from recent participants:
- The teaching on the Holy Spirit ‘within’ and ‘upon’ was the best I have heard.
- Wonderful pulling together of Biblical instruction about the Holy Spirit.
- What was most helpful? The teaching, the prayer, the atmosphere of community.
- You’ve given me a biblical grid to understand my experience of the Holy Spirit.
You’ll cover topics like:
- The Holy Spirit and the Trinity
- The Holy Spirit in the Old Testament
- Jesus and the Holy Spirit
- The Four Basic Works of the Holy Spirit
- The Infilling With the Holy Spirit
- The Nature and Experience of the Holy Spirit’s Power
- Receiving and Growing in the Power of the Holy Spirit
Whether you have reached a place in your Christian faith or ministry where it feels like you are trying to do too much on your own, or you are simply curious or skeptical about the nature and work of the Holy Spirit for today, this conference is a fantastic way to begin your journey in cooperating with the work of God.
What is The Dunamis Project?
The Dunamis Project is the central training of PRMI to help you cooperate with the Holy Spirit in whatever ministry you may have, in whatever part of the world you may live. The Dunamis Project is a series of six conferences (four or five days each) over three years where you will discover and learn how to use your spiritual gifts in whatever ministry you have.
With The Dunamis Project, you discover:
- Solid biblical teaching about the person and work of the Holy Spirit in the life of the believer.
- Teaching forged from the Scriptures, proven in ministry, and informed by 200 years of renewal and revival movements.
- Spiritual gifts and how to use them effectively in the Kingdom of God.
- How to recognize God’s guidance for ministry in a given moment through the experience-based lab times and review debriefings.
Date and Time
October 20-24, 2021
Registration opens at 3:30 pm on Wednesday the 20th and the event concludes with lunch on Sunday the 24th.
Robertson Hall at Regent University
1000 Regent University Drive, Virginia Beach VA 23464
Meal Costs: $145
Regent Faculty/Staff/Alumni: $110
Regent Students: $85
Meals do not include breakfast. Snacks are included.
There is no cost if you bring your own meals.
You are responsible for your own lodging. Suggested hotels include Founders Inn and Spa, Marriott Chesapeake, and Fairfield Inn Chesapeake.
All events organized by PRMI are offering based. Registration fees only cover food and supplies that the venue provides. During your event, you’ll be invited to share in the vision of PRMI and give an offering towards the ministry to advance our mission of equipping people to cooperate with the Holy Spirit. Pray about how to participate long before you arrive.
Plan to Be Fully Present:
Since our events focus on spiritual formation and discipleship, one segment of our events leads into the next. Thus we encourage you to be fully present for the entire event, as much as you are able.
Revs. Allen and Debbie Kemp
Revs. Allen and Debbie Kemp served as co-pastors for over 30 years and are now retired, living in Hampton, VA. As they attended the first Dunamis in 1991, they have been involved with PRMI for over 25 years and are now faculty in the Dunamis project where they are teaching in Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Haiti, and Uganda.
Dunamis changed their lives and ministry, and they have a passion to see others released to cooperate with the Holy Spirit.
Christine was introduced to the revelation of God as the real Father in 2013. Since that time, her heart has opened up to His Love. As a result, she is no longer striving to get close to God; instead He has come close to her.
Mark has been a Spirit-filled Christian since he graduated from college. He is a member of his church’s prayer team and an adjunct professor at Regent University.
Encouraged by the leadership crew of the prayer team to attend a Dunamis Project event, they attended Dunamis Project 3 at the Community of the Cross in Black Mountain. Mark was hooked. He finally found a place and an organization where he can find a deep relationship with Christ and the solid Biblical teaching to back it up.
When a new Dunamis Project series at Regent University was secured, Mark jumped at the opportunity to help on the leadership team and served as the leader of the event intercessory team and teaching Gateways Makeup.
To be announced.