How is God building up prayer ministry at PRMI while we wait for the Prayer House to be built?
Several years ago, when we first received the land of the Community of the Cross, we fully expected to build the Prayer House up on the ridge.
Doing the Work of Prayer
But instant fulfillment at that time has not been part of God’s time table for the Prayer House.
We were called to wait.
These things I plan won’t happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day!Habakkuk 2:3 (LB)
When we first launched the Community of the Cross, we received a $100,000 gift given by a Taiwanese family for the Prayer House.
Plans were drawn up, detailed architectural drawings were designed, and we even put some underground infrastructure in place.
Construction drawings were completed. We just needed the rest of the provision, as well as the “go ahead” from the Lord, to start building.
We never felt that “go ahead” at that time.
While waiting on provision, the work of prayer continues.
Prayer at the Community of the Cross
Starting in 2004, Mary Ellen Conners served the Coordinator of Intercessory Prayer for PRMI and the Community of the Cross — our place set apart for the work of prayer.
The work of prayer is taking place on the land at the Community of the Cross while we wait for God’s provision for the prayer house:
- in present buildings,
- on the trails,
- at the Prayer Porch by the river (remember praying in the prayer porch and the teams that built it?),
- the Place of the Cross, and
- Ascension Point .
In 2011, the first Intercessors in Residence came to the Community of the Cross, and several people have come here for the purpose of prayer.
In 2016, Rebecca Modrzynski became the coordinator for local prayer ministry at the Community of the Cross.
At the beginning of 2017, Martin Boardman became the Prayer Mobilizer, facilitating networks of prayer around the world.
The Community of the Cross holds prayer appointments for the local community (schedule one here), hosts a few prayer groups and prayer cohorts.
Mary Ellen Updates us on Prayer
Mary Ellen Conners, PRMI’s Prayer Director, shares how she has seen God building prayer at the Community of the Cross and how the Prayer House will give us connection and a place to grow in the future.
The Waterfall of Prayer
Never heard the Waterfall of Prayer vision? Hear more at
Prayer Points for the Prayer House
- Pray for intercessors to be raised up who are called to come and pray on the land.
- Pray for the financial resources needed to build the Prayer House. Give thanks for the initial gifts that were given that provided for the planning of the Prayer House. Pray that the balance now comes in so we can build.
- Pray that the building and prayer work that takes place in it and on the Community of the Cross land will be the nexus of worldwide network and movement of prayer outpourings of the Holy Spirit advancing the Gospel of Jesus Christ worldwide.