Dunamis Teaching “Going Mobile” All Over The Western World
Because of our history and culture, the starting place for PRMI is to be a part of those waves of the Holy Spirit moving in mainline denominations in Canada, the United States and in the United Kingdom. This began with the Reformed family of churches, but is expanding to other traditions including Roman Catholic, Independent, Charismatic, and Pentecostal.
Over the last fifty years there is also a remarkable development taking place in the USA, Canada, and Israel in which Jews are coming to know Jesus Christ as Messiah and becoming Holy Spirit-empowered witnesses to Him, without giving up being Jewish.
We are moving beyond an equipping process that we have in the Dunamis Project and the Equipping Steams into forms that may be widely disseminated, like windblown seeds, for the Holy Spirit to use wherever they fall on fertile ground.
The following have been given to us for the casting to the wind this teaching on the Holy Spirit.
The way the Gospel of Jesus Christ spread in the early church was by born-again individuals and teams going from place to place, witnessing to Jesus Christ and igniting moves of the Holy Spirit. The formal way that PRMI has been called to do similar sending is through our Ignite programs. In Ignites, a congregation or fellowship of Christians are introduced to the Dunamis teaching, hear personal testimonies, and experience the Holy Spirit working through those who have been welcomed into their midst.
Teaching and testimonies, whether viewed and downloaded over the internet, or put on a flash drive which can be slipped into a pocket, are new means that God has given to get the Dunamis teaching wherever the Gospel takes root in the hearts of human beings birthing them into the Kingdom of God.
Examples of how we are using this technology:
The Dunamis Course in English, using DVD’s, is currently in use. The Mobile Dunamis Curriculum for Mobile Dunamis Schools is under development in Chinese with several units already in use. And plans are underway to develop another version in Spanish. The key here is that each unit is self-contained with the teaching materials on video and in workbook form along with instructions of how to teach the materials.
The Self-study online courses offer an easy, accessible way to view, explore and study basic teaching on the Holy.
Both of these methods allow us to reach people beyond personal contact venues. In many cases the glory will go to God alone and we will never know or received any credit for these blessings. Yet there is still a need for those who will support this ministry through their prayer, participation and financial gifts, and among that group the Lord will no doubt call a few, to join the Dunamis Fellowship International and express their following of Jesus Christ by joining us in providing the ministry for others.
- Pray for the Lord to Call and anoint hundreds and later thousands of teams of teachers, leaders, and lay people, with special gifts for igniting moves of the Holy Spirit in local congregations.
- Pray for the Lord to guide us as to how we are being called to adapt the Ignite model to different types of congregations as well as to different age groups especially for 25-40-year-olds.
- Pray for the financial means as well as the people and the administration needed by the DI to equip these Ignite teams and to deploy them.
- Pray that we will have the people anointed and gifted for developing all this work for the Internet and digital expressions. This takes special skills as well as the anointing and direction of the Holy Spirit of how to use these means of communication.
- Pray for guidance about what teaching we are to put out in this manner, especially to reach younger generations.
- Pray for God to send the financial support needed for this effort. While the dissemination is cheap or free, the development of the materials is expensive.
- Pray that God will use these efforts of the Mobile Dunamis School Curriculum, and the Self-Study courses to touch millions of Christians so they may be filled with the Holy Spirit and empowered to take part in growing the Kingdom of Jesus Christ.