Growing Dunamis In The Spanish Speaking World
For decades there has been a movement of the Holy Spirit taking place among Spanish-speaking people, going back to the great Pentecostal Outpouring of 1906. With the Charismatic movement beginning in the 1960’s and 70s, PRMI had many connections to this movement. This wave of the Holy Spirit, embodied in the Dunamis Project, began in Nicaragua with an outpouring of the Holy Spirit on the soccer field at the Young Life Camp while Johnny Aliasis Boaise and Brad Long were teaching and Jim Hornsby was translating.
Since that outpouring, teams have been sent to Central America and there has been incredible fruit with many leaders being filled with the Holy Spirit. Praise God for this work!
A leadership base, materials in Spanish, and teams who are able to work within the cultural context have been built. But we want to reach hundreds more church leaders and millions of Spanish-speaking believers whom God wants enlisted and empowered for their role in growing the church and advancing the Kingdom of God. Chris Walker has been given the vision and the calling to see what we have already learned and developed in the Mobile Dunamis for the Chinese world adapted and applied to the Spanish-speaking world.
- Pray for continuing outpourings of the Holy Spirit in the Spanish-speaking world, fulfilling Acts 1:4-5,8 and I Corinthians 12:7, to bring millions of believers into the transforming, empowering work of the Holy Spirit.
- Pray for prayer, financial and Dunamis International organizational support of Chris Walker and his family who have returned from Panama to direct the Mission to the Americas and the Spanish Mobile Dunamis. Specifically pray for $80,000 per year for the Walkers and the administrative support needed for this work.
- Pray for guidance of how to adapt the materials and concepts from the Dunamis Project and Mobile Dunamis for the unique needs of the Spanish-speaking world.
- Pray for the guidance and anointing of the Holy Spirit and the money needed (about $50,000) for the gifted teachers, to launch Units 1-2 of the Spanish Mobile Dunamis in 2015.
- Ask the Lord to guide us in the launching of a Spanish-speaking Dunamis Track in Florida by 2015 Exousia for the quipping of Spanish-speaking leaders by 2016.