PRMI Board of Directors (August 2020 — )
I was raised in the church and have been a believer since age twelve, serving in multiple ways from church janitorial duties, teaching adults, leading small groups, volunteering in teen ministry, serving on church and other boards. I was a “faithful churchman.”
I was intentionally serving the Lord in my local church and didn’t know there was more. It wasn’t until I received the PRMI teaching at Dunamis Projects in 2003 that I understood there was so much more in walking with Jesus through knowing and cooperating with Holy Spirit.
In 2003, my wife asked me to attend a five-day Spiritual Warfare Dunamis Project Retreat at Victory Bible Camp in Alaska. I had my concerns, but to support my wife, I agreed to go.
I told myself, “I would back the car into a parking spot and keep the keys to the car in my pocket, so if things got too strange, I could escape quickly.”
What I experienced at the retreat and have found to be the richness of PRMI:
- Biblical teaching.
- Leadership operating in their giftings, discerning/confirming together.
- A welcoming and safe environment.
- Regular men and women from various denominations who loved the Lord and focused on exalting Jesus, representing the greater body of Christ.
- People who believed in the power of prayer.
- Leadership and attendees who relied on and modeled an expectant dependence on the Holy Spirit to lead.
- Attendees and leadership looked with anticipation to what God would do and how each would be asked to cooperate with the Holy Spirit.
- Teaching methods provided for studying the Bible and learning to cooperate with the Holy Spirit in doing what the Bible said.
- It was a safe place to practice cooperating with the Holy Spirit.
- Providing an intentional time of debriefing, encouraging all questions and discernment.
- Fellowship and worship that was rooted in exalting Jesus Christ.
- Biblical teaching on the person and working of the Holy Spirit and the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
- An opportunity to receive prayer for the baptism of the Holy Spirit to be empowered to be God’s witnesses to this world.
What my wife and I experienced was truly life-changing. The Holy Spirit used the Dunamis project teaching to change me.
LOVING our Lord, my wife, my family, and others daily. SERVING, PROVIDING, and LIVING in the family, marketplace/workplace, community, and body of Christ where God has placed me.
Since my initial introduction to PRMI, I have continued to serve through my local church and my wife and I minister in our community sharing what we have learned and experienced. I currently serve within the Dunamis Fellowship Alaska and have served as Dunamis Project Tract Director and project team member.
My wife, Julie, and I are parents to five adult children and two wonderful grandchildren. We have lived in Alaska for 28 years. With the blessing of raising five children, I have had the opportunity to be a volunteer coach for youth and high school sports for a couple of decades in our local community. Now that my children are grown, most recently, I have begun officiating basketball. It has provided me a continued avenue to be in our local community outside our local church community.
God has blessed me with a career in project management of engineering, fabrication, and construction projects in the oil, gas, and power industry for over 35 years. It is my full-time vocation and is the marketplace where I am called to live out my faith.