Jesus Christ is Growing His Church… and we are called to join in! Learn seven practical, dynamic principles for keeping in step with the leading of the Holy Spirit.
This is not a quick-fix event or an off-the-shelf program to ‘magically’ make your church bigger. Grasping at the latest trend is tempting, but God Himself knows how He wants to work in your unique local context.
The fundamental question is: how can leaders and churches discern and obediently cooperate with the Spirit’s activity? Working with the analogy of partners in ballroom dancing, participants in this conference will discover:
- The foundations that need to be in place so that churches and individuals can step out onto the ‘dance floor’
- The dynamic ‘dance steps’ that need to be learned in order to keep in step with the Holy Spirit
- The pitfalls and benefits involved in seeking to operate under the guidance of the Holy Spirit in this way.
This dynamic process of cooperating with the Holy Spirit is not a program in and of itself. Rather, it is an approach that underpins the breadth of a church’s programs and activities.
Invest in the future of your church and your leadership; renew your vision for life in the Kingdom of God. Explore how your church can grow in its practice of cooperating with the Holy Spirit.
Trying to become God’s missionary people without learning to walk and work in step with the Holy Spirit is a bit like trying to change the world armed with only our good intentions …an exercise that in the end is only frustrating and futile.
Rev. Adrian Van Giessen
Regional Leader Eastern Canada, Christian Reformed Home Missions
How can we grow into a deeper knowledge and experiential understanding of the dance steps in cooperating with Father, Son and Holy Spirit? Can we look afresh at the basics in cooperating with the Holy Spirit as portrayed in the Acts of the Apostles?
In my view, this is a recommended reading for all church leaders.
Michael N. Jagessar
Assembly Moderator, The United Reformed Church, United Kingdom
Growing the Church Conferences
Each of our conferences is characterized by…
- Systematic Teaching: Two sessions each morning, based on the topics that are covered in the book, are normally taught by two or three people. Our teachers have experience in local church leadership and in the dynamic of cooperating with the Holy Spirit.
- Small Groups: Facilitated discussions in peer groups each afternoon, giving the chance to explore and wrestle with the teaching topics and the challenges of connecting these with one’s specific context. Groups also often spend time praying for and with one another.
- Solo Prayer Space: The intentional space for personal time in prayer and reflection is resourced with themed material relevant to each day’s topics. These are designed to help participants have focused, personal encounters with the Lord, allowing the Holy Spirit to speak directly into one’s life.
- Spirit-led Worship: Corporate worship allows us to exalt and engage with the Lord, with the freedom and flexibility to respond to whatever ways the Holy Spirit is at work among us.
- Intentional Debriefing: Pausing to take stock and ask questions, modeling the ‘art’ of debriefing. These sessions help to demystify what it means to cooperate with the Holy Spirit, as well as ensure the leadership remains accountable and transparent.
- Surrounded by Prayer: All of our events are saturated with prayer. Intercessors on-site and off-site cover us in prayer, and each day begins with a prayer gathering where we are attentive to how the Spirit is prompting and guiding us.
For the past 24 years, we have helped equip church leaders and individual Christians to actively cooperate with the Holy Spirit through the ‘Dunamis Project’. We have seen people grow in their understanding, experience, and spiritual gifting, and therefore growing in their effectiveness in the Kingdom of God.
In 2008, we redeveloped the resources from Dunamis, presenting them in a corporate, congregational setting—for churches and other ministries. The result was Growing the Church in the Power of the Holy Spirit, available as both a book and a conference.
This book offers a biblical basis and practical approach for nurturing a dynamic cooperative process within churches, drawing on experience from around the world. If you learn these dynamics and practice them, renewal and transformation will come to your congregation.Order Your Copy Today!
Growing the Church in the Power of the Holy Spirit is a ministry of PRMI (Presbyterian-Reformed Ministries International)
and is facilitated by regional expressions of the Dunamis Fellowship.