Dunamis fellowship INTERNATIONAL
The Dunamis Fellowship International (DFI) is the fellowship of those who have experienced the teachings of PRMI and seek to encourage one another to grow in cooperation with the Holy Spirit. It is a unique combination of a missionary society, a seminary faculty, and an intentional prayer community that enables us to help you cooperate with the Holy Spirit. Members are sent on mission to the world, teach at all PRMI events, and are involved in the work of prayer that sustains the work of PRMI.
DFI Regional Expressions
What is the DFI?
The Dunamis Fellowship International (DFI) provides fellowship, accountability, and prayer connections for people who have completed some or all of the Dunamis Project. The DFI connects members from all over the world, providing fellowship, accountability, and prayer connections for people who have participated in some or all of the Dunamis Project. This international fellowship has regional expressions in several geographic areas, as well as providing teaching in regions such as Nicaragua, Japan, and the Czech Republic.
It is a Spiritual Fellowship of people who have been born again and are focused on the fulfillment of a common vision, committed to following Jesus Christ, and have been baptized with the Holy Spirit.
We gather once a year at our annual international meeting to:
- Renew our friendships with each other
- Do the work of prayer
- Listen to the Holy Spirit for guidance.
- Report on what God is doing through the DFI
- Provide ministry for one another as we are often battle-weary
- Discern how God may be calling us to develop programs
- Discern how to respond to opportunities in the future
The Dunamis Fellowship International is a unique combination of
- A missionary society,
- A seminary faculty, and
- An intentional prayer community.
1. The Dunamis Fellowship International is a Missionary Society
The Dunamis Fellowship International is a group of people who are committed to the vision of fulfilling the Great Commission.
Members of the society teach, preach, and witness the gospel throughout the world.
Our primary method of engagement in missions is through short-term teaching mission trips that equip national leaders for participation in the worldwide movement of the Holy Spirit for the advancement of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
2. The Dunamis Fellowship International is a Seminary
Individuals are equipped for ministry through anointed teachers who present the biblical and theological foundations of ministry.
This equipping aspect of the Dunamis Fellowship International’s calling is expressed through the Dunamis Institute.
3. The Dunamis Fellowship International is an Intentional Prayer Community
The life and work of the Dunamis Fellowship International is grounded in prayer. Through prayer, we grow in intimacy with God, receive anointing for ministry, and open doors for advancing the gospel.
4. The Dunamis Fellowship International is the spiritual home of people who are growing in the ministry of PRMI
This aspect of the DFI is expressed through prayer networks around the world and at the Community of the Cross: A Place of Encounter with Jesus Christ for Prayer, Equipping, and Sending (which is located on 24 lovely mountain acres in Black Mountain, North Carolina, USA).
The Dunamis Fellowship International (DFI) is a spiritual fellowship of people who have been born again and baptized with the Holy Spirit; who are committed to following Jesus Christ and are focused on fulfilling a common vision.
This vision is to mobilize, equip, and deploy Spirit-empowered witnesses for Jesus Christ.
The Dunamis Fellowship International is focused on mobilizing, equipping, and deploying Holy Spirit-empowered witnesses for participation in the worldwide movement of the Holy Spirit that is advancing the Gospel of Jesus Christ and extending the Kingdom of God.
These goals are accomplished through a variety of program offerings, written materials, the Community of the Cross, along with the organization and administrative support system of PRMI and the Dunamis Fellowship.
To Mobilize God’s people for engagement in God’s work through prayer and casting vision. Above all, the way people get mobilized for engagement in Kingdom work through having an encounter with Jesus Christ. When we are caught up in the person of Jesus and catch His vision then we are mobilized to follow Him as His witnesses and disciples.
To Equip God’s people to be effective witnesses to Jesus Christ wherever they may be called. The primary way we are equipped is through growing in a personal relationship with Jesus, growing in the Bible as the Word of God, and being filled with the Holy Spirit as found in Acts 1:8 for power and gifts. We would add to that the need for a grounding in a careful study of scripture, Reformed theology, and well as practical learning in how to cooperate in ministry with the Holy Spirit.
To Deploy God’s people to be witnesses to Jesus Christ who are empowered by the Holy Spirit and advancing the Kingdom for the glory of God the Father. Through prayer and equipping, we are called to enable the sending of people into the church and the world as witnesses to Jesus.
Are you called to join the Dunamis Fellowship?
Please prayerfully consider whether God is calling you to be a part of the Dunamis Fellowship as a way of expressing your commitment to following Jesus Christ and growing in the gifts and power of the Holy Spirit.
The annual re-commitment to the 10 Tenets helps ensure that only those who remain committed to following Jesus Christ and are anointed for this ministry are involved.
The one-year re-commitment honors the reality that the Holy Spirit may call people for a particular season of work. It also helps to ensure that we do not have those in leadership who may have drifted away from Biblical doctrine or are no longer anointed by the Holy Spirit for ministry and leadership.
The Dunamis Fellowship has these requirements to help keep the whole Fellowship vital and focused on our purpose of “Mobilizing, Equipping, and Deploying” Holy Spirit-empowered witnesses for participation in the worldwide movement of the Holy Spirit that is advancing the Gospel of Jesus Christ and extending the Kingdom of God.
Qualifications for DFI Membership
- Called by Jesus Christ and anointed by the Holy Spirit to take part in fulfilling Acts 1:5-8, and Matthew 28:17-20
- Past or present participant in any of the PRMI Dunamis Projects, Dunamis Video Courses, or PRMI Advanced Ministry Courses
- Annual commitment to the 10 Tenets of the Dunamis Fellowship
- Affirm the PRMI Statement of Faith which includes the three statements concerning the contemporary challenges to Biblical Orthodox Christian Faith.
The 10 Tenets of the DFI
Our commitment to following Jesus is expressed in an annual re-commitment to these 10 Tenets that define the mission and character of the Dunamis Fellowship. Based on the commands of Jesus, the tenets provide us with a common vision that flows from the heart of God, creating the gift of fellowship that comes as Christians walk together in obedience to Jesus.
- Growing in intimacy with Jesus Christ, whom I confess to be the way, the truth, and the life and the only way to God, the Father, (John 14:6)
- Growing in the Word of God as my authority
- Fulfilling the Great Commission
- Receiving the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 1:8
- Doing the work of prayer that shapes the future
- Listening to the Holy Spirit and walking in obedience
- “Walking in the light” with other members of the Body of Jesus Christ
- Working with others to accomplish the purpose of the Dunamis Fellowship—to mobilize, equip, and deploy Spirit-empowered witnesses for Jesus Christ
- Nurturing other members of the Dunamis Fellowship in their following of Jesus Christ
- Participating in and seeking to build up the congregation to which God has called me
Members of the Dunamis Fellowship are invited to contemplate this list of fundamental aspects of our faith and then pray to affirm their commitment to the common vision of the Dunamis Fellowship International. This is an annual re-commitment that is made with another member of the Fellowship in prayer before Jesus Christ.