Outpourings of the Holy Spirit
Since Pentecost God the Father has worked to advance the Kingdom of God by sending successive outpourings or waves of the Holy Spirit.
This started in Jerusalem in Acts 2 and is reaching to the ends of the earth. The focus of the “extraordinary prayer” that the intercessors are to undertake is primarily praying in outpourings of the Holy Spirit to advance the Kingdom of God in specific times and places. This must be coupled with prayers for Jesus to overcome the demonic strongholds blocking these waves.
Acts 4:27-31 gives us a model for praying for such an outpouring of the Holy Spirit:
“Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness. Stretch out your hand to heal and perform signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus.” After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly. Act 4:27- 31
- Name to the Lord the threats against the advancement of the Gospel in your own life, your family, your congregation, your area or in the worldwide move of the Holy Spirit.
- Pray for the Lord to enable us, and the whole Church, to speak with great boldness the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Pray, “Lord, stretch out your hand to heal and perform signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus.”
- Give thanks for the last 50 years, when by God’s grace, PRMI has been called to nurture and embody a major wave of the Holy Spirit that is advancing the Gospel of Jesus Christ worldwide.
- Ask the Lord to empower, equip, guide and defend us as we continue in this role. Pray for us as we ignite, nurture, and connect with new waves of the Holy Spirit in the present and the future.