Thank you for your generous support of this ministry in this past year.
As I sit down to write this fall support letter, I am overwhelmed with gratitude for what the Lord has done in and through PRMI in 2009.
This letter is really our fall praise and thanksgiving letter! God is working!
I believe with all my heart, mind and soul, that Jesus Christ is the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE and the Only WAY to God, the Father!!
I have said “YES” to God’s call in my life to take that good news to the ends of the earth!
The leadership team of PRMI joins me in saying “YES” to this call and we invite you to join us in saying “YES” according to Jesus’ unique call to you.
Now I know I am a crazy visionary! But this is how we see the Lord calling us forward at this time:
- We are praying for, and working in support of, the great movement of the Holy Spirit that is flooding into every part of the world, raising up an ever-growing army of Christians empowered by the Holy Spirit to be witnesses to Jesus Christ.
- We are committed to equipping Churches to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ, especially in the Muslim world.
- Our passion and fervent hope is that there will be a mighty outpouring of the Holy Spirit upon all the mainline Presbyterian and Reformed Churches in America, Great Britain and Canada and that they will come out of the slough of liberalism and get back to their mission of transforming Western culture and advancing the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- We are committed to the purposes of the Dunamis Fellowship International and look forward to the day when the DFI will have expressions in every continent, with thousands of members working together to fulfill the vision to extend the Dunamis Project into thousands of congregations and to millions of believers.
- To enable these visions to come to pass, I believe that God is growing up the Community of the Cross as a place of encounter with Jesus Christ for prayer, equipping and sending. To do that, we believe the Lord wants a prayer house, accommodations for 70 people and space for meeting. He is also nurturing a scattered, but from time to time gathered, community to provide the ministry, equipping and ongoing work of prayer at the Community of the Cross.
I know! I know!! Fulfilling these visions is crazy and humanly impossible!!!
But as you can see from the previous pictures, it is already taking place and in ways that bless and surprise us all. We constantly receive testimonies giving glory of God for what He is doing through PRMI.
All of this is happening, first and foremost, because it is the Father’s work to advance the Gospel of Jesus Christ and do it in the power of the Holy Spirit!!!
It is also happening because of our saying “YES” to the Holy Spirit’s invitations to be a part of His work.
How is Jesus calling you to continue to say yes to His work in PRMI?
Many of you have been so generous and wonderful in your support of the work of this ministry.
There have been many, many small gifts and a few larger ones that have allowed us to get through the summer months and are now into the fall. PRMI works on a faith basis but the airlines, electrical company and all those things that are needed to practically run an office and support God’s work, do not.
That is why your financial gifts are so needed. It costs money to do all this!
How is Jesus calling you to continue to work with us through financial giving that is building the Kingdom of God?
The second way to say “yes” is through participation. Right now there are many thousands of people implementing this ministry in Canada, USA and UK.
We also have mission teams going to Central America, Haiti, Korea, China, Japan, Uganda, Nigeria and Indonesia. And the Lord keeps opening doors!
There has been a great multiplication of ministry because there has been a great multiplication of those going out, empowered by the Holy Spirit.
Thank you to all those who are assisting in the equipping of leaders and working for renewal of congregations.
It is truly wonderful!
But this is not just your participation in PRMI; our goal is equipping Christians to cooperate with the Holy Spirit wherever you are called, so the good news is that there are thousands of people who are called to do that right in their local congregations, homes and workplaces. We are all in this together!
How and where is Jesus calling you to participate in the work of the Kingdom of God?
The other critical form of involvement is prayer.
Your prayers for opening doors, for support, for empowerment, for protection, are being used by God to undergird this work!!!
There also needs to be prayer for the advancement of the Kingdom of God worldwide; we need to pray “Thy Kingdom Come”!!!
As John Calvin notes, this is a battle prayer! A prayer that the Kingdom of Satan will be overthrown and the Kingdom of God advanced!
How is Jesus Christ calling you to the work of prayer?
We are so excited about what God is doing! That is why this fall support letter is a praise and thanksgiving letter.
Thank you and thanks for all who are taking part in the work of the Kingdom of God in general and in particular through this small, but making a-difference ministry.
We are truly together in this! Above all we give thanks to God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit who out of their amazing grace have welcomed us into this great dance of cooperating with them in advancing the Kingdom of God.
To Jesus Christ be the Glory!!!