Exousia 1 Part B -- Black Mountain, NC
Prerequisites: Exousia - Equipping for Dunamis Leadership, Part A
This five-day event is the onsite portion of a course that equips Dunamis Institute faculty, apprentice teachers, Dunamis Project track directors and team members. The course addresses leadership that is led by the Holy Spirit, roles within a Dunamis Project team, core content and teaching methods for the Dunamis Project.
Breakout sessions for various roles (track directors, teachers, etc.) will be part of the event. The prerequisite for this onsite event is an invitation-only online course (by invitation of the Dean of Faculty of the Dunamis Institute).
The Exousia Leadership Development Track of the Dunamis Institute is the tool PRMI uses to raise up new teachers, new leaders, and new intercessors for the work of expanding the reach of Dunamis world wide.
- Leadership in cooperation with the Holy Spirit,
- Roles within a Dunamis Project team,
- Core content for each Dunamis Project,
- Teaching methods for the Dunamis Project.
- How to teach in cooperation with the Holy Spirit (including experience of actually doing this at the Spiritual Leadership Course)
- Personal and Spiritual preparation for teaching – knowing oneself
- How to identify and act in kairos moments
- How to move from theory/content/teaching into practice (lab time, exercises, prayer)
- How to lead people into prayer to be filled with the Holy Spirit
- How to function as a team to create the context where the Holy Spirit can work
- How to understand and work with your audience/participants – how to work with people with learning styles that differ from yours and also with diverse personalities
- How to identify and grow in an area of expertise in your teaching
- How to share the vision and take up an offering for PRMI
- How to conduct a debrief (understand the place of debrief in the Dunamis teaching and have opportunities to practice debriefing and getting feedback on the process)
Date and Time
June 25-30, 2018
Check-in will be Monday, June 25th, from 4 - 5 pm. with the conference beginning with dinner at 5:30 pm.
The conference ends with lunch on Saturday, June 30th.
Community of the Cross
3227 North Fork-Left Fork, Black Mountain, NC 28711
Housing is not available on site at the Community of the Cross. All accommodations are within 10 minutes or less of the Community of the Cross, with the exception of the Holiday Inn Asheville.
There is no charge for this event, however, offerings will be received to cover the cost of the food, administration and to extend the vision of equipping leaders in the power of the Holy Spirit.
All events organized by PRMI are offering based. Registration fees cover only your room and board that the conference center charges. During your event, you'll be invited to share in the vision of PRMI and give an offering towards the ministry to advance our mission of equipping people to cooperate with the Holy Spirit. Pray about how to participate long before you arrive.
Rev. Dr. Brad Long
Rev. Dr. Brad Long Executive Director, PRMI In 1988 while a missionary in Taiwan, Dr. Brad Long received a call “to an international ministry of renewal, advancing the gospel of Jesus Christ worldwide.” Since that time, he has been called to a number of nations where his role has been primarily equipping pastors and lay people in the gifts and power of the Holy Spirit. The Rev. Brad Long was called as Executive Director of PRMI in 1990.
Rev. Cindy Strickler
Rev. Cindy Strickler Director of Dunamis Fellowship International The Rev. Cindy Strickler served on the PRMI Board of Directors for 5 years. In 2002 she helped established the PRMI Dunamis Fellowship and is now the Director of the Fellowship. In that role she helps discern gifting and enables members to find their place in this Kingdom work. Cindy also directs the Advanced Ministry Courses that provide equipping for members of the Dunamis Fellowship. She also determines the teaching teams for the Dunamis Project equipping events in the United States.
Rev. Chris Walker
Rev. Chris Walker has taught for PRMI in English and Spanish since 2002. He has been involved in four immigrant new church developments and has a passion for helping others grow in personal evangelism skills. He oversees the Spanish language work of PRMI.
Rev. Paul Stokes
Rev. Paul Stokes is the Academic Dean for the Dunamis Institute, working to update and develop materials as well as making sure that teachers and leaders faithfully embody the DNA of Dunamis. He is also the Director of the Dunamis Fellowship in Britain and Ireland, overseeing the personnel and events in that region.
The event registrar is Suzi Gibbs. She would be happy to answer specific questions about this event prior to registration. Please call her at 828-669-7373 between 8:30am & 4:30pm.
|Event Date||06-25-2018 4:00 pm|
|Event End Date||06-30-2018 1:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||02-28-2018 9:00 am|
|Location||Community of the Cross|