1. Is PRMI affiliated with a particular denomination?
No our name, Presbyterian-Reformed Ministries International reflects our history and our theological foundations rather than a denominational affiliation.
2. What is PRMI’s relationship to various denominations such as the Presbyterian Church in the United States, United Reformed Church in the UK of the Christian Reformed Church in Canada and the USA?
It is a requirement of our leadership to be active members of a local congregation. For pastors that means they will be members of a particular denomination or non-denominational church.
We have leaders are are pastors or members in
- Presbyterian Church (USA)
- Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Evangelical Covenant Order (Presbyterian)
- Presbyterian Church in Canada
- United Reformed church (UK)
- Methodist Church (UK)
- Christian Reformed Church
- Reformed Christian Church
And many other Christian denominations.
3. Do you have to be Presbyterian or Reformed to be a part of PRMI’s programs and ministries?
No we have people involved from many different denominational back grounds.
We welcome all who profess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and are eager to be equipped in the power of the Holy Spirit to be witnesses to Jesus Christ.
For instance in Ontario Canada there will be Presbyterians, Christian Reformed, Anglicans, Catholics and members of Independent Charismatic churches.
In England most of of our participants will be from the United Reformed Congregations but will also include some Anglicans. In Japan they are almost entirely from the United Church of Japan.
Our focus is on Jesus Christ, the Bible as the Word of God and the Holy Spirit is empowering us to be witnesses today, rather than on a particular denominations theology and programs.
4. Is PRMI a “church”?
No PRMI is not a denomination or the “church.”
We are a ministry in support of Christians of all denominations who are committed to Jesus Christ and to fulfilling the Great Commission.
5. How is PRMI supported?
Through the gifts of God’s people. We do not charge for ministry or our programs but rather relay on gifts and offerings.
To give, donate to PRMI
6. Do I receive a tax benefit if I give to PRMI?
In the United States we are a 5013c organization and associate members of the ECFA – Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. Check out their web page. http://www.ecfa.org
In Canada, Dunamis Fellowship Canada is a regional expression of PRMI, and is a recognized Canadian charity. They will issue Canadian tax receipts for your donations. http://www.dunamisfellowshipcanada.org/
In the United Kingdom, The Dunamis Fellowship In Britain and Ireland is a ministry of: The Dunamis Fellowship Trust, a registered charity No. 1117475 http://www.dunamis.org.uk/
In Korea, the Dunamis Fellowship Korea is a regional expression of PRMI.
7. How do I get involved in PRMI’s ministries?
8. How can I become a leader in this ministry?
To become a member of the leadership team you must go through our equipping process which qualifies you to apply for membership in the Dunamis Fellowship International.
9. How can I make sure that this ministry is financially responsible?
We are members or associate members of the Evangelical Counsel for Financial Accountability. This insures the highest standards of financial accountability. (Some years we do a complete audit other years we just do a review and that is the difference in full membership and associate membership. You can review our financial l reports sent to ECFA here. http://www.ecfa.org/MemberProfile.aspx?ID=7784 or call our office at 828 669 7373 for more information.