One pastor in a small Nicaraguan town that we have never visited got word that our small team was coming to Nicaragua in March of 2015.
He heard we would teach a conference using the material in the book Growing the Church in the Power of the Holy Spirit: Seven Principles of Dynamic Cooperation.
He had heard about the book from his brother, who is a pastor we work with in Nicaragua.
You’ll be surprised by what he did next. . .
He invited himself.
He searched online for the Growing the Church book in Spanish. He only found a three paragraph review of the text online. (He can’t use Kindle books, where it is available in Spanish).
He preached from that review for three weeks.
He came to the event with a thirst to know more and learn how to cooperate with the Holy Spirit to lead his church.
He is pictured on the right, together with team members Sam Hale (L) and Roger Luna (C).
Check out the Video
[You may need to click this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi4plyCvuYo]
This will give you a visual flavor of how the Growing the Church Conference went in Nicaragua.
What is the Growing the Church Seminar?
Beneath the surface of churches’ programs and activities lies the fundamental question:
How can leaders and churches be enabled to discern and obediently cooperate with the guidance of the Holy Spirit?
Instead of programs and strategic planning type stuff, Growing the Church in the Power of the Holy Spirit focuses on how to develop a godly leadership team that learns how to discern and cooperate with the Holy Spirit.
The conference is based on the book, Growing the Church in the Power of the Holy Spirit: Seven Principles of Dynamic Cooperation.
For the Growing the Church Conference, we used painted rocks to map out the two foundations and seven dynamics
Be praying for the next steps as these pastors were challenged to begin planning a further Dunamis or Growing the Church conference working together as a team.
- Praise God for the work that He did this past week in the lives of these pastors.
- Pray that as they return to their congregations that they would find ways to introduce the work of the Holy Spirit into the congregation.
- Give thanks for all that the Lord has done and for the work that he will do through this time of teaching.
- Pray that this will just be the beginning of a larger movement of the Spirit within the Nicaraguan church and that many people would be touched by the outpouring of the Holy Spirit in this country and throughout Latin America.
- Pray that the churches in Nicaragua would continue to grow in the power of the Holy Spirit.
As you pray please be led by the Holy Spirit.
There is also continued interest in more of Dunamis in this ministry, underlying the importance of getting the Dunamis Project completely into Spanish.
We are at work improving the translation of the material, and developing others in Nicaragua who can teach the principles of Growing the Church.